MIOPS FLEX comes with a rechargeable and replaceable battery. The battery will be charged when you connect MIOPS FLEX to a USB power source. You can use your smartphone's USB charger for this purpose. MIOPS Flex will be delivered with a Micro-USB cable. You can use this cable to charge it. Orange LED lines on the battery connector side show progress of charging. If LEDs blinking charging continues. If charging completed LEDs stay “ON”.
Please follow these steps for Flex usage.
1. Please enable Wifi and Bluetooth on your smartphone.
Important Notice: Please disable any security, antivirus or VPN app installed and working on your Android phone which prevents Wifi communication between your Flex and smartphone.
Important Notice: If you have an Android phone, location permission may prevent to find the device so please check if Google Location services are enabled)
2. MIOPS MOBILE app is available on iOS and Android platforms. Search for MIOPS MOBILE in your app store, or use the following buttons to download the app.
3. Connect your Flex to your camera through Camera Control Port with the provided Type C cable.
1. Camera Control Port (USB), 2. Flash Port, 3. Camera Trigger Port (Shutter), 4. USB Charging Port, 5. Power Button, 6. Battery Compartment
4. Power on your Flex by pushing power button. If it cannot be powered on when you push the button, please charge it and check battery compartment to ensure that the battery is fitted to its place well.
Important Notice: Don't push the Power button of Flex more than 3 seconds. If you do this, Flex will be opened in UPGRADE mode instead of working mode. So, please just push the power button less than 3 seconds.
5. Once you power on your Flex device, it device will start to boot. This process will take about 20 seconds. During this process, the Flex power button will be lit in Yellow. After the boot process is complete, the power button will turn Blue (if Miops Mobile app is open, the power button will turn Green).
Power Button Led Status:
Red: Device in Update state
Yellow: Device is preparing.
Blue: Device is ready, waiting for mobile app connection.
Green: Device is ready and mobile app connected.
6. When your Flex is ready, you should see a wifi in your smartphone's available wifi networks like below. Although, power led of Flex is Blue or Green but you cannot see a wifi like below in your smartphone's available wifi network then you should execute the SD card recovery process.
Wifi name: flex_xxxyyzzz
Wifi password: miopsflex
You can check the following article to see how you can recovery the SD card.
7. Power on your camera and check camera settings for Flex connection.
8. If you completed the camera settings, open MIOPS Mobile app. When you open the MIOPS MOBILE application, it will search for nearby devices and list the accessible ones on the screen. You can access the device by selecting the device you want to connect and clicking the "Connect" button (Orange Tick at the right bottom). In case your device is not shown in the list, make sure that your MIOPS FLEX is turned ON (also please check item 1).
9. Once you connect your device using Miops Mobile app, a registration screen may appear if you didn't register it yet. Please be sure that your account is active. You can also reset your password from the link given below.
10. Your Flex may not be delivered with the latest firmware. When you connect your device through MIOPS MOBILE app, it automatically checks your device's firmware version and prompts a pop-up message if a new firmware is available. You can check firmware update section for details: https://help.miops.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405554743186-Firmware-Upgrade-for-Flex
11. If you made camera configuration as expected and your app is connected to flex_xxxyyzzz wifi network successfully, you will see the Miops Mobile app menu screen.
Orange LED lines on the camera connector show camera connection status. If LED is “ON” camera is connected to Flex and the camera communication is OK. If LED is “OFF” camera is disconnected and there is a problem with camera connection. You can open a ticket if you see Camera Connection issue from the link given below.
Important Notice: Please make sure you turned off both your camera and your FLEX first and then remove the USB connection cable.
Now, you are ready to start to use your Flex device. You can check the detailed user manual at the link given below.